Mat Teacher Training Course
The MTTC provides a thorough education in the Mat Work and its infinite applications. In addition to being the foundation upon which all the Pilates work is based, it is also the perfect springboard to the CTTC.
It is affordable, easy to integrate into many different settings and introduces people to the foundation of Pilates. There is no part of the Pilates system that exemplifies the principles of the method, particularly flow, quite as well as the Mat work. Students study a very wide repertoire of Mat Work exercises and the integration of small apparatus into the Mat program.
Upon completion of the course, you will be qualified to:
- Work according to the principles of Pilates and introduce these tenets to clients and students
- Assess posture and posture types, as well as detect postural deviations
- Solve problems and provide effective exercise solutions to many physical conditions
- Compile comprehensive and safe Pilates Mat work programs tailored to individual and group needs
- Adapt a class to different settings and environments
- Integrate small apparatus into a Mat class to achieve optimum results
- Use the BASI® Block System to successfully administer Mat work classes
- Analyze and understand the Pilates exercises based on anatomical and biomechanical principles
- Demonstrate at a high level the vast repertoire of classic Pilates exercises as well as a wide range of original BASI® exercises
- Modify exercises according to the needs and goals of the individual
- Establish a sound foundation to embark on the CTTC
The Mat Work Teachers Training Course is taught by members of the BASI® Pilates faculty in Host studios around the world. Courses are ongoing in multiple locations throughout the year. The course structure is modular, approximately 100 hours of study, practice, observation and apprentice teaching. A student can make up each of the 6 modules at any BASI® Pilates host location around the world. All courses, no matter where they are held, are under the supervision of BASI® Pilates and conform to BASI® Pilates policies and procedures.
Course Contents & Requirements
Six modules, including lectures, exercise analysis and practice, and discussion.
At the beginning of the course, MTTC students receive the current BASI® Study Guide and a movement analysis Work Book covering the Pilates mat work and use of Auxiliary equipment.
Required after each module. Many host locations organize workshops (or informal study sessions) with the course instructor or assistant instructor to review and discuss material
Mat Work classes are essential and are offered at student rates at most Host locations. In addition most Host locations offer “open studio time,” during which students can practice on their own or in groups.
15 hours at the Host location or a studio approved by BASI® Pilates Germany/Austria Switzerland. These are the recommended number of hours; they may be adjusted based upon the past experience of the student.
30 hours at the Host location or a studio approved by BASI® Pilates Germany/Austria/Switzerland. (These are the recommended number of hours; they may be adjusted based upon the past experience of the student.
Your BASI® Pilates certificate will be issued when all BASI® requirements have been met. These include satisfactory attendance of all modules, passing scores on all required exams, submission and completion of all observation, practical and teacher training hours.